Posted to community@apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@geek.net> on 2011/12/08 22:38:23 UTC

Sourceforge WP theme

So, after messing with WP for most of a day, I find that the prospect of making a WP theme is much more difficult than the documentation leads me to believe. That, and the fact that I have no design skills to speak of.

A few years ago, I started a blog software project called Habari. It was a reaction to the not-so-benevolent dictatorship model of Wordpress. That project is here: http://habariproject.org/en/ No, I'm not suggesting we use Habari. It's a nice project, but it's developed on Github. (Not my call. I'm no longer involved in the project.) But with my association with that project, I'm familiar with a number of professional and amateur Wordpress theme developers.

I wonder if it might be worthwhile getting one of them to do a SF WP theme, rather than my rather lame fumblings about.

--
Rich Bowen :: rbowen@geek.net :: @rbowen
     Community Growth Hacker

====
This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system. Thank you.

Re: Sourceforge WP theme

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Now that I've managed to do this twice in one week, I'm going to go crawl into a hole.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen