Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Killhoven <Ki...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 14:18:53 UTC

AMQ failover using different PCs?

Hi!

Is it possible to set up AMQ failover master-slave solution so, that master
is in one PC and slave is on other PC? So if something happens with the PC
where master is running, secondary is not affected and can take over.

If yes, how should I configure?

Thanks in advance.

Re: AMQ failover using different PCs?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Not sure why shared file system would be "unreliable" in your case. We have
hundreds of clients with very stringent reliability and availability
requirements that use it.

If you don't want them to share a store, your best bet is to achieve what
you're looking for is to check out replicated leveldb:

http://activemq.apache.org/replicated-leveldb-store.html

It's not available until 5.9, but you can check out a nightly snappy here:

http://repository.apache.org/service/local/artifact/maven/redirect?r=snapshots&g=org.apache.activemq&a=apache-activemq&v=5.9-SNAPSHOT&e=tar.gz&c=bin

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Killhoven <Ki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am literally interested in a reliable system: two separate stand-alone
> PC-s
> (they can be in the same LAN if needed), all traffic goes trough both (they
> do not share any resource like database, file system). In a moment master
> fails, slave takes over. When Master comes up, it will resync and take
> over.
>
> Options like Multicast, JDBC, shared file system etc are not reliable..
>
> If I configure the networkConnectors and transportConnectors to use IP
> addresses instead of the term localhost, It could work?

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: AMQ failover using different PCs?

Posted by Chris Lim <ch...@gmail.com>.
You may also explore JDBC Master-Slave -
http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-master-slave.html

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
It is one of the better options, otherwise you are stuck with an RDMBS
or a clustering filesystem.

LevelDB in very new development offer some new cool stuff.

Posted by Killhoven <Ki...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yep, you can do so with a shared disk so that master and slave look at the
same persistent store. When master goes down, slave can take over right
where master left off.

Take a look here for details:
http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html