Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/06/05 18:57:13 UTC

[VOTE] New Committer, Mr. Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini

Moving ahead to the one-step process version ... :-)  So far we have:

Harmeet Bedi:    +1
Danny Angus:     +1
Noel J. Bergman: +1

I expect Serge will post an official +1, too.  I can't speak for Darrell,
Charles, Peter, et al, who haven't been around too much lately, but the
measure will carry unless someone vetoes, which I don't expect.

	--- Noel

RE: [VOTE] New Committer, Mr. Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
I think the only problem was that harmeet & I jumped the gun and expressed our opinion with +1's

d.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I must reset your expectations on this.  The procedure is this:
> 1. An existing committer nominates a contributor, or the contributor can
>    ask for it themselves.

I did propose him.  Harmeet and Danny both wanted to vote.  You commented
that I was being too nice by proposing first, so I posted it as a vote as
you appeared to have requested.

> 2. Once nominated, all committers on the subproject will vote.  You need
>    at least 3 positive votes and no negative votes.  Typically we give
>    48-72 for everyone to vote if they're going to.

Right ... I didn't understand it any other way.  I simply indicated that I
expected the vote to carry.

> 3. If approved, we get them an account (if not already) and otherwise
>    set them up as a committer.

As you said, first we vote.

> If you want to nominate Vincenzo, then great, we can have can start this
> process and take a vote.

I had done so.  At least I understood myself to have done so.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Moving ahead to the one-step process version ... :-)  So far we have:
>
> Harmeet Bedi:    +1
> Danny Angus:     +1
> Noel J. Bergman: +1
>
> I expect Serge will post an official +1, too.  I can't speak for Darrell,
> Charles, Peter, et al, who haven't been around too much lately, but the
> measure will carry unless someone vetoes, which I don't expect.

Noel,

I must reset your expectations on this.  The procedure is this:

1. An existing committer nominates a contributor, or the contributor can
ask for it themselves.
2. Once nominated, all committers on the subproject will vote.  You need
at least 3 positive votes and no negative votes.  Typically we give
48-72 for everyone to vote if they're going to.
3. If approved, we get them an account (if not already) and otherwise
set them up as a committer.

Right now we're at step 0, or rather, on some unofficial path that
should be stopped in the interest of avoiding confusion.