Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io> on 2016/08/04 22:00:05 UTC

Internal statistics classes package

I'm working on a statistics related issue. While I'm working on this code,
I'd like to move all of the internal statistics classes that are in
com.gemstone.gemfire.internal into
the com.gemstone.gemfire.internal.statistics pkg.

I would leave component specific stats in their component pkgs. Examples:

1) IndexStatistics and QueryStatistics would remain in
com.gemstone.gemfire.cache.query

2) DistributionStats, DMStats, LocatorStats etc would remain in
com.gemstone.gemfire.distributed.internal

...and so on.

None of these classes are ever persisted or serialized on the wire.

Any input on moving the non-component-specific internal statistics classes
into internal.statistics?

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: Internal statistics classes package

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Note: com.gemstone.gemfire.internal.statistics already exists.

I would like to eventually start on a new and improved Statistics API users
in org.apache.geode.statistics and then once again move the internal
classes to org.apache.geode.statistics.internal.

-Kirk

Posted by Darrel Schneider <ds...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.