Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Lehmacher <ma...@gmx.de> on 2005/09/27 16:47:37 UTC

renderComponent only renders (during rewind) if component contained by form

Hello,

I just found out that BaseComponent#renderComponent(IMarkupWriter,
IRequestCycle) only renders during rewind if the component is contained by a
form (using Tapestry 4 - beta 8).

Is that behaviour wanted? It used to be different in T3.

Re: renderComponent only renders (during rewind) if component contained by form

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Mark Lehmacher <mark.lehmacher <at> gmx.de> writes:

> I just found out that BaseComponent#renderComponent(IMarkupWriter,
> IRequestCycle) only renders during rewind if the component is contained by a
> form (using Tapestry 4 - beta 8).
>
> Is that behaviour wanted?

Yes.

> It used to be different in T3.

It should be the same in T3, unless you're using an ActionLink or a Form
whose "direct" param is set to false.

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)