Posted to dev@wayang.apache.org by Rodrigo Pardo Meza <rp...@apache.org> on 2022/03/17 19:57:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] RC policy and Deleting branches

Good evening folks,

We have been trying to clean the existing branches in our Repository. In
this situation we found that there exist 7 branches with release candidates.

Considering that after the release there are no more commits on those
Branches generated for the RCs. Does it make any sense to keep those
branches there? Should we simply delete them?

For future releases, it might be better if each Release Candidate is a TAG.
And finally, while preparing the final release, we create a branch.

Best regards!

Rodrigo

Re: [DISCUSS] RC policy and Deleting branches

Posted by Bertty Contreras <be...@databloom.ai>.
Hi Folks,

I will create the tags, if then we need the branch we will created from the
tags as @JB recommend

Best Regards,
Bertty

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by jorge Arnulfo Quiané Ruiz <qu...@gmail.com>.
+1 for tagging and cleaning up: I believe this is the easiest and cleanest
way to keep our repo clean.

Posted by Zoi Kaoudi <zk...@yahoo.gr.INVALID>.
 Hello,
yes, it sounds reasonable.