Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Bradley, Todd" <to...@Polycom.com> on 2006/12/06 23:18:41 UTC

appending to log file from a different process

Hi, I'm testing a JBoss application, and JBoss is configured to use
log4j.  From my Unix command line, I'd like to be able to append a
string of arbitrary text into my log file.  My first approach was
something like this:

% echo "This is text" >> server.log

But when I did that, log4j stopped appending to the file.  Is there some
way to do this without causing a hiccup in log4j?

Todd.
----
Todd Bradley - Polycom, Inc.
Test Lead, Proximo Projects

Visit me at my WebOffice for IM and app sharing:
http://www.polycomweboffice.com/todd.bradley@polycom.com

Re: appending to log file from a different process

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Maybe make a servlet or page in JBoss that takes a parameter and logs
it.  Then you could hit that URL from the command line.

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/