Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Wilson KH Sheh <ws...@itsd.gov.hk> on 2001/11/07 09:37:25 UTC

Segmentation Fault: Soap 2.2 + Red Hat 7.1 + Sun JDK 1.3.1

Hi All,

     I am newbie to soap. I have set up JBOSS 2.4.3 with Tomcat 3.2.3. Both
JBOSS and Tomcat run properly. Now I want to test the soap 2.2 with the
Tomcat 3.2.3. I installed the xerces 1.4.3 and modified the tomcat.sh file
to have in the last line:

     CLASSPATH=/usr/local/xerces-1_4_3/xerces.jar:$CLASSPATH

     Following the installation guide, I've copied the soap.war to
tomcat/webapps directory, and restart the tomcat.

     I can test the http://rlinux60:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter succesfully
with return

SOAP RPC Router
Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST to talk to me.

     The http://rlinux60:8080/soap/admin/index.html (and list), also say
that there is no services deployed.

Problem 1:

     But when I :

[addressbook]# java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient \
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml
Segmentation fault

[addressbook]# java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient \
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
Segmentation fault

[addressbook]# pwd
/usr/local/soap-2_2/samples/addressbook

     Segmentation fault occurs. Do you know how to solve or troubleshoot the problem?
     Any advice on this problem?

Problem 2:

     Moreover, do you know what's the meaning of :

"To install this service on an Apache-SOAP listener, you need to make
the samples.addressbook package available on the Apache-SOAP listener's
classpath."

     Does it mean placing the soap.war file in tomcat/webapps directory ?

     Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Wilson.