Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Chris Richardson <cr...@fourc.eu> on 2014/10/06 15:43:11 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release revised 0.30 python, qmf, tests, and tools components

Hi,

I'm looking at the 0.30 mirror at
ftp://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.apache.org/qpid/0.30/ and it appears
still to be missing the SHA1 checksums. Could this be fixed please?

As a point of personal preference I'd hope for a single SHA1SUM file for
all archives, then I won't have to modify my scripts to read them from
individual files :P

/Chris

On 23 September 2014 14:52, Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

*Chris Richardson*, System Architect
cr@fourc.eu

*FourC AS, Vestre Rosten 81, Trekanten, NO-7075 Tiller, Norwaywww.fourc.eu
<http://www.fourc.eu/>*

*Follow us on LinkedIn <http://bit.ly/fourcli>, Facebook
<http://bit.ly/fourcfb>, Google+ <http://bit.ly/fourcgp> and Twitter
<http://bit.ly/fourctw>!*

Re: [VOTE] Release revised 0.30 python, qmf, tests, and tools components

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

The mirrorservice copy doesnt include the checksums/signatures for any of
the artifacts, looking at both our and other projects release files. This
is likely because they should really be downloaded from the originating ASF
dist area for security reasons anyway. The originals are available at:
https://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.30/

While overhauling the release artifacts in general for 0.30, we moved to
having individual checksum files as most projects do. I find the new files
are easier to use personally, but unfortunately the change may mean people
need to update scripts as a result. However, as above, if you are
validating the files you probably ought to be doing it with
checksums/signatures from the original source rather than a mirror, so if
the old consolidated file was getting mirrored where the individual files
wouldnt have been, then I think removal of the consilidated file is
actually useful in a way I hadnt previously considered.

Robbie