Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Emre Brookes <em...@biochem.uthscsa.edu> on 2015/05/28 02:30:32 UTC

GSoC GenApp / Airavata integration and Experiment Registry

Suresh, Raminder -

Can we start a discussion here about what needs to be done to register
an application from the command line?

In the simplest form, all 'genapp' modules currently have the same
inputs and outputs.
They take a single command line argument (a JSON formatted string)
and produce output to standard output (a JSON formatted string)

A bit further, there maybe some arbitrary set of files input and output,
but this can
be handled after the basic "simplest" form is functional.

As I understand it, all Airavata "experiments" == GenApp "modules", need
prior registry
before an experiment can start.  Are there existing command line
utilities or code fragments
to register an application ?

Thanks,
Emre

Re: GSoC GenApp / Airavata integration and Experiment Registry

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Emre,

There are API methods which can be programmed into command line utilities. I think a bit of introduction will help Priyanshu and others get going. Let me do a hangout and explain all the students. I will send an email shortly with few time slots so we can pick a time.

Suresh