Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2003/05/09 06:49:53 UTC

Re: Socket connect timeout

In message <01...@tsatec.int>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gustavo_
Rodr=EDguez?= writes:
>    Hi, we're using your FTP client API and would like to use the new =
>JDK1.4 connect timeout method. We've seen in your source code that =
>Is there any other way to specify a connection time out?

The existing source code is JDK 1.1 compatible.  You can easily do what
you want by implementing a socket factory or subclassing FTPClient and
overriding _connectAction_() and setting the connection timeout before
calling super._connectAction_().

daniel

Re: Socket connect timeout

Posted by Gustavo Rodríguez <gu...@innosec.es>.
    Thank you, that's what I supposed...that seems to work fine.
    Thanks again.