Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "scott.chu" <sc...@udngroup.com> on 2016/06/16 05:56:53 UTC

'solr start' cause 'unsupported TCP/TPI info selection' error when execute lsof command

The lsof command on our CentOS 5.4 64bit server is v4.78. It doesn't support `lsof -PniTCP:$SOLR_PORT -sTCP:LISTEN' format in solr script, so when run 'solr start' it show a lot of message, mainly 'unsupported TCP/TPI info selection'. I google and find this link:

         [SOLR-7998] Solr start/stop script is currently incompatible with SUSE 11 - ASF JIRA

So not only SUSE has this prolbem. Running 'yum install lsof' but it says already latest version. I know lsof 4.86 under CentOS 6 is ok. Is there any way to upgrade lsof under CentOS 5 other than using yum? Or any other way to work around this problem?

scott.chu,scott.chu@udngroup.com
2016/6/16 (週四)