Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sofh S <so...@hotmail.com> on 2022/01/07 04:35:21 UTC

Re: spelling

Thank you very much Rory for your help
Happy New Year

 Geia Sou! / Yasou

(Hi / Hello / Bye !)

           Sofia Simeonidis

________________________________
From: Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>
Sent: December 31, 2021 2:04 AM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org <us...@openoffice.apache.org>
Cc: SofhS@hotmail.com <So...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: spelling

On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 03:42:15 +0000
Sofh S <So...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using Open Office for many years now, and I loved it. That was till recently.
>
> When I check to see if there is any solution to my problem I realized that other members have had the same problem for many years now, so I consider myself lucky.
>
> The last few months I am not able to spell check my documents correctly. Simple words like "now" are shown underlined, and stupid, if any, suggestions are coming up.
>
> I uninstalled the program yesterday and while doing some deeper cleaning on my computer I updated my Java program as well. You can feel my disappointment this morning after installing the latest version of the Open Office program and realizing that the program still doesn't work claiming as an error that Java is out of I cannot remember what.
>
> After restarting my computer I finally got something but that something is called Oracle (attached pic) and cannot get rid of it now.
> I will probably have to uninstall the program from the beginning, but I am not sure that will work.
>
> Any help will be appreciated
>
> Thank you
>
> Sofia

Start by renaming your OpenOffice user profile.

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a
good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell