Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Stephen Moore <sm...@bea.com> on 2002/06/14 00:21:54 UTC

Abstract Schema Model - Semantic Shape Question?

Does anyone know how the DOM3 AS (interface) model will express
substitutiongroups in schema?

For example, consider a schema case:

	Element A contains ElementB

	and ElementC is a substitution for ElementB
	and ElementD is a substitution for ElementB

semantically this is equivalent to:

	Element A contains (ElementB or ElementC or ElementD)

My question is will the AS model express it in a semantic way or structurely
as in the first case.

Thanks
Steve

PS. I am looking for a model that that will give me the semantic shape of a
schema so I can represent it in a tree UI for business users to understand.