Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2016/07/07 15:16:40 UTC

Using KIP Process in Apache Flink

Hi Kafka Community,
I'm a member of the Flink community and I would like to ask if you're okay
with us using your KIP process for Flink. We are at a stage where we have
to be more careful in planning big feature additions to Flink and are
looking for ways to formalize our processes there. I feel we don't have to
reinvent the wheel if other projects already put thought into this and
established a process that works.

So, would you be okay with us copying the structures and docs that you have
in place for the KIP process? With adaptions to suit Flink, of course.

Best,
Aljoscha

Re: Using KIP Process in Apache Flink

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
I'm very curious how the process will work for your community.

If you will be able to drop by with feedback in few month, I will
greatly appreciate. Processes can always be improved and a fresh set
of eyes on the KIP process can be useful

Gwen

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Thanks, appreciate it! :-)

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.