Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pete Lamborne <pe...@maniatv.com> on 2006/02/24 01:21:28 UTC

mod_rewrite losing session

Hi all,
I am having a problem when using mod_rewrite to hide the Tomcat
webapp/context name, where it spawns a new session with each request.

I am using apache2.2 and mod_proxy_ajp to dispatch the request and
tomcat 5.5.9

So if I try to send this URL:
http://www.website.com/someServlet

http://www.website.com/tomcatWebappName/someServlet

with mod_rewrite, it's a new session with every request.

Any ideas?
thanks
pete

RE: mod_rewrite losing session

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Excellent, thank you.  How did I miss that the first time I asked this
question?  And nobody pointed it out that time.  Convenient it came up
again, I guess.

emptySessionPath

If set to true, all paths for session cookies will be set to /. This can be
useful for portlet specification implementations, but will greatly affect
performance if many applications are accessed on a given server by the
client. If not specified, this attribute is set to false.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Tim Lucia wrote:
> And how would one do that?  The cookie JSESSIONID is automagically
> maintained for you.

You want emptySessionPath

Mark

RE: mod_rewrite losing session