Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Sami Lempinen <le...@iki.fi> on 2000/08/16 00:16:28 UTC

ANNOUNCE: NeatSeeker 0.20 - Free Java servlet search engine

Greetings!

(Sorry for the plug, but I thought that folks on this list might be
interested.)

Version 0.20 of NeatSeeker, a free Java-based full-text search engine,
has been released.  The new release has a number of improvements over
the previous version:

  - The build tool has been changed from GNU Autoconf to Jakarta Ant.
  - The distribution includes a reference Java servlet for web searches.
  - Added support for logical operators AND (implicit default), OR and NOT.
  - Added support for proximity searches (NEAR).
  - Added support for phrase searches (quoted strings).
  - Faster indexing.

Find NeatSeeker at

        <http://www.iki.fi/lempinen/neatseeker/>

Version 0.20 is beginning to be useful to the general public also. It
contains a HTML file indexer and a Tomcat-compatible servlet for
making intranet searches. The licence has been changed from LGPL to
Apache-style.

Based on my limited tests, the search engine seems *really* fast.

Feedback is very welcome.

Yours,

-Sami
--