Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Bob Durie <bo...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/17 17:11:23 UTC

alter nullability with 10.2

Hi - the new derby claims support for altering the nullability of a column.
Anyone know what the new alter table syntax is to do this?

Re: alter nullability with 10.2

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Bob Durie wrote:
> Hi - the new derby claims support for altering the nullability of a
> column.  Anyone know what the new alter table syntax is to do this?
Hi Bob,

The sytax is

ALTER TABLE tableName ALTER COLUMN columnName NULL

or

ALTER TABLE tableName ALTER COLUMN columnName NOT NULL

For details, please see the ALTER TABLE section of the Derby Reference
Guide.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: alter nullability with 10.2

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
For syntax doc I ususally first try the search box on:
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html

in this case a search on: alter table 10.2 gives this page in reference
manual as second hit:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/rrefsqlj81859.html