Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Vishu Jain <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/08 17:44:29 UTC

a new joining request

I am Vishu Jain in b.tech cse specialized in oss(2nd year) from U.P.E.S
Dehradhun India wants to join your community and committed to contribute to
your projects as it is of my course curriculum(2 year ended in 2015) and as
of myself i also wanted to be a part of oss contributor and development.

Re: a new joining request

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 08/04/2013 Vishu Jain wrote:
> I am Vishu Jain in b.tech cse specialized in oss(2nd year) from U.P.E.S
> Dehradhun India wants to join your community and committed to contribute to
> your projects as it is of my course curriculum(2 year ended in 2015) and as
> of myself i also wanted to be a part of oss contributor and development.

Welcome! There are several ways to get involved: you can find an
orientation guide at
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/

But a nice opportunity for students would be to work with us on a Google
Summer of Code project: you can find several ideas at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels+%3D+gsoc2013
(the OpenOffice ones are listed under "COMDEV") but feel free to propose
your own ideas. The discussion period will end on 22nd April, then the
application phase starts. See http://www.google-melange.com for more
information.

Regards,
   Andrea.