Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 20:39:31 UTC

Standard Sample Application

Hey All,

I remember a while ago we talked about shipping one sample app that works
on most of the platforms. I wanted to restart this discussion in hopes that
we could come to an agreement on one and possibly get it in for 2.0
release.

I think the one that ships with Android would be a great choice to ship
with the other platforms as well. It shows off a bunch of APIs. A little
hard on the eyes but that could be fixed. I could spend some time later
this week cleaning it up and testing it on various devices if people agree.

Open to other suggestions as well.

-Steve

Re: Standard Sample Application

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Scratch that! Got a response from infra.

If anyone is interested to help figure this stuff out, these are the two
tickets we should focus on (in order):

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4642
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4877

[1] is about compiling a git admin "handbook" - basically documentation
for managing git repos. We can all help out with this.

[2] is about automating the creation of git repos via an online form. Very
relevant to us, but the infra guru I was talking to on IRC said that [1]
should be completed before [2]. So: let's focus on [1].

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
I've started lurking on #asfinfra irc and volunteered to help, asking "how
can I help?" but got no response :(

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Yeah, Cordova needs to pay its infra "tax" - we ask for a lot / are
pushing Apache norms (I.e. Like 15 repositories, github mirroring, blah
blah blah) so we should help out.

I think infra IRC is a good start. Wiggling in seems tough, from my
lurking on the infra list, so perhaps a more personal approach via irc can
help get us there.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
Hey guys,

If you've been following CB-1061 [1], then you know that I've finished
putting together the sample application. The source is on the
"hello-cordova" branch of "incubator-cordova-labs" [2]. You can also view a

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-labs.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/hello-cordova

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
Thanks for the summary Tim.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
thinking for 2.x we just drop the "minimum viable template" ...and
then deal w/ the super app in a future release

Posted by Drew Walters <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.