Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Jim Newsham <jn...@referentia.com> on 2007/09/28 23:30:21 UTC

A SAVEPOINT with the passed name already exists in the current transaction

Hi,

Using Derby 10.3.1.4, we had an intermittent transaction failure with error
message "A SAVEPOINT with the passed name already exists in the current
transaction", which appears to be caused internally by Derby.  I see that
there are four JIRA issues which relate to this particular error message
(DERBY-2773, DERBY-1457, DERBY-2808, DERBY-2804) and which could possibly be
related.  I filed a new issue at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3093.  Is there any progress on
any of these issues?

Thanks,

Jim

RE: A SAVEPOINT with the passed name already exists in the current transaction

Posted by Jim Newsham <jn...@referentia.com>.

Nope.  I've run this operation on my machine for hours without experiencing
any problems.  This is an isolated occurrence which we've seen just once so
far -- while a colleague was running the operation overnight on his machine.

I'll comment further if we see the problem again.  Meanwhile, I hope the
details I provided are useful, and please feel free to ask for more if
needed.

Thanks again,

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> see that there are four JIRA issues which relate to this particular
> error message (DERBY-2773, DERBY-1457, DERBY-2808, DERBY-2804) and which
> could possibly be related.  I filed a new issue at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3093.  Is there any progress
> on any of these issues?

Hi Jim, thanks for the detailed information in the bug report.

The other issues have all been highly intermittent. Do you have
a reliably-reproducible case?

thanks,

bryan