Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mohit Sharma <Mo...@evry.com> on 2018/06/24 19:44:36 UTC

Spring boot gives null pointer in xml based camel configutaions

Hi All,

My name is Mohit and I am working with EVRY AS Norway<https://www.evry.com/> .

I am trying to upgraded existing Spring application based web application running on jetty to Spring boot. I have updated dependencies (respective pom's).

Now when I am running jetty, it give error for camel related configuration, ex of camel configuration which is working on spring

Context file with camel configurations :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
       xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"
       xmlns:context="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context"
       xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
       xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd
                              http://www.springframework.org/schema/util http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd
                              http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd
                              http://www.springframework.org/schema/context http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context.xsd">

    <bean id="notificationService" class="com.edb.payment.pays.core.pwh.service.notification.NotificationServiceImpl"/>
    <context:component-scan base-package="com.edb.payment.pays.core.pwh.service.notification.mapper"/>

         <bean id="notificationServiceDestinationResolver"
               class="com.edb.finance.common.spring.jms.support.WmqDestinationResolver">
             <property name="targetClient">
                 <util:constant static-field="com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.WMQConstants.WMQ_TARGET_DEST_MQ"/>
             </property>
             <property name="encoding">
                 <util:constant static-field="com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.WMQConstants.WMQ_ENCODING_NATIVE"/>
             </property>
             <property name="ccsid" value="${notification.internal.mq.ccsid:1208}"/>
             <property name="baseQueueManagerName" value="${nmq.mq.queueManager}"/>
         </bean>

         <camel:camelContext id="notificationServiceCamelContext" useMDCLogging="true">

             <camel:endpoint id="notificationServiceQueue" uri="jms:queue:{{notification.internal.mq.queueName}}?connectionFactory=#NMQServiceCacheConnectionFactory&amp;destinationResolver=#notificationServiceDestinationResolver&amp;disableTimeToLive=true&amp;deliveryPersistent=true&amp;explicitQosEnabled=true&amp;disableReplyTo=true&amp;exchangePattern=InOnly"/>

             <camel:route id="cpsAdviceStatusReportServiceRoute">
                 <camel:from uri="seda:notificationRoute"/>
                 <camel:convertBodyTo type="com.evry.notification.message.v1.NotificationMessage"/>
                 <camel:marshal>
                     <camel:jaxb prettyPrint="true" encoding="{{file.encoding.utf}}"
                                 contextPath="com.evry.notification.message.v1"/>
                 </camel:marshal>
                 <camel:convertBodyTo type="java.lang.String"/>
                 <camel:log logName="MESSAGE_TRACE" loggingLevel="INFO"
                            message="NOTIFICATION_SERVICE: headers= ${headers}, body= ${body}"/>
                 <camel:to ref="notificationServiceQueue"/>
             </camel:route>

         </camel:camelContext>

</beans>

Error as :

Error creating bean with name 'notificationService' defined in URL [file:/D:/mohit/code/pin-server/pays-core/pays-core-pi-service/target/classes/spring/pwh-notification-service-context.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.apache.camel.spring.GenericBeansException: Error post processing bean: notificationService; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:564)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:483)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:312)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:230)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:308)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:202)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.DependencyDescriptor.resolveCandidate(DependencyDescriptor.java:208)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.doResolveDependency(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:1138)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.resolveDependency(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:1066)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.resolveAutowiredArgument(ConstructorResolver.java:835)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createArgumentArray(ConstructorResolver.java:741)
    ... 184 more
Caused by: org.apache.camel.spring.GenericBeansException: Error post processing bean: notificationService; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.camel.spring.CamelBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(CamelBeanPostProcessor.java:159)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1626)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:555)
    ... 194 more
    at org.apache.camel.impl.CamelPostProcessorHelper.matchContext(CamelPostProcessorHelper.java:85)
    at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor$1.doWith(DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.java:185)
    at org.apache.camel.util.ReflectionHelper.doWithFields(ReflectionHelper.java:74)
    at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.injectFields(DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.java:167)
    at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.java:82)
    at org.apache.camel.spring.CamelBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(CamelBeanPostProcessor.java:153)
    ... 197 more
[INFO] Started ServerConnector@6847dfe8{HTTP/1.1,[http/1.1]}{0.0.0.0:8080}<mailto:ServerConnector@6847dfe8%7bHTTP/1.1,%5bhttp/1.1%5d%7d%7b0.0.0.0:8080%7d>
[INFO] Started @96732ms
[INFO] Started Jetty Server

Process finished with exit code -1

Can please suggest me is there any problem with spring boot and this xml based configurations ? or do we need to take care something else as well ??

I have tried number of ways to fix this but nothing works .. so I decided to ask you , sorry for trouble , hope I will get some suggestions here.

Also I tried to subscribe for your groups but that failed.

Regards,
Mohit Sharma

Re: Spring boot gives null pointer in xml based camel configutaions

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

What version of Camel do you use?

And how do you run this in Jetty / Spring-Boot its a bit unclear what
you say what you are migrating from/to etc.
Do you package it as a .war file and drop into Jetty. And if so have
you setup any web.xml to bootstrap spring or something?

And try with newer Camel version if you have not.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Spring boot gives null pointer in xml based camel configutaions

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.
Over time yes, right now we just want a working MVP with as few changes as
possible to get it bootified, then make it more bootiful, and in that
respect we have the question I posted in the last mail.

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Multiple CamelContexts in spring boot is NOT supported, its by design
to have 1 camel context only.

If the NPE is fixed then you may hit further problems down the line as
the bean post processor have not camel context injected as it ought to
have.
You are welcome to try to patch a local source code of camel to avoid
the NPE, its just to check for camel context != null. And then see if
/ what else problems arise.

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.

From http://camel.apache.org/spring-boot.html,  "Adding XML Routes",  there

Posted by Doug Douglass <do...@gmail.com>.