Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Dan Symula <ds...@us.ibm.com> on 2004/11/23 16:33:19 UTC

issue getting file using scp call within ant

Ive built a fairly simple ant script to go to several different machines
and get some files.  The script runs correctly, and gives no error
messages. However, for two of the machines it goes to, the files are not
received, the other two it does receive files. The output says the file is
being recieved, but it does not show up. The script uses the scp command.
I can manually get the file using the sftp command, so it seems
communication is working bewtween machines. It also seems that there is no
syntax type error, since the file builds, and works for half the machines.
Im stumped to explain what is happening.. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Re: issue getting file using scp call within ant

Posted by Dan Symula <ds...@us.ibm.com>.
Ive done a search for the file using find command and it does not show up.
 This is UNIX by the way. So no I have not made a mistake in the code and
lost the file.  Ive also hardcoded variables and tried the script in this
way. The file still does not show up.

If I am missing jars, it would seem that I wouldnt be able to get any
files. If I am using an incompatible ant version, I again would thinkg scp
wouldnt work at all...

Still searching...

"Rhino" <rh...@sympatico.ca>
11/23/2004 07:52 AM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List"

"Ant Users List" <us...@ant.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: issue getting file using scp call within ant

> Ive built a fairly simple ant script to go to several different machines
> and get some files.  The script runs correctly, and gives no error
> messages. However, for two of the machines it goes to, the files are not
> received, the other two it does receive files. The output says the file
is
> being recieved, but it does not show up. The script uses the scp
command.
> I can manually get the file using the sftp command, so it seems
> communication is working bewtween machines. It also seems that there is
no
> syntax type error, since the file builds, and works for half the
machines.
> Im stumped to explain what is happening.. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

Since you haven't provided any code and say that you aren't getting any
error messages and you do successfully get files from two of the machines,
can only guess that you have made a mistake in your code and are actually
receiving the files from all 4 machines but, in the case of two of the
machines, you aren't writing them to where you intended to write them on
your local machine. Perhaps the variable describing the target directory
does not have the value you think it does and the files are actually
getting
written to a different directory.

If that doesn't turn out to be the problem, perhaps you need to check that
you are using a current version of Ant and of the jsch jar. See the
Library
Dependencies section of the manual for the details of what jars you need
and
where to get them.

Rhino

Re: issue getting file using scp call within ant

Posted by Rhino <rh...@sympatico.ca>.
> Ive built a fairly simple ant script to go to several different machines
> and get some files.  The script runs correctly, and gives no error
> messages. However, for two of the machines it goes to, the files are not
> received, the other two it does receive files. The output says the file is
> being recieved, but it does not show up. The script uses the scp command.
> I can manually get the file using the sftp command, so it seems
> communication is working bewtween machines. It also seems that there is no
> syntax type error, since the file builds, and works for half the machines.
> Im stumped to explain what is happening.. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

Since you haven't provided any code and say that you aren't getting any
error messages and you do successfully get files from two of the machines, I