Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by António Mota <am...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/11 13:08:19 UTC

Websockets and SSE

Hi all.

Does CXF 3.0-M supports Websockets and Server-sent Events? I read the
migration but couldn't find any info.

Cheers.

* Melhores cumprimentos / Beir beannacht / Best regards *
*______________________________________________________*

*António Manuel dos Santos Mota <http://gplus.to/amsmota>*
*http://www.linkedin.com/in/amsmota* <http://www.linkedin.com/in/amsmota>
*______________________________________________________*

Re: Websockets and SSE

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aki
On 11/12/13 14:44, Aki Yoshida wrote:
> Hi,
> I worked on the camel transport using atmosphere for the server-side
> and async-http-client for the client-side.
> I got stuck at the point in naming the components or putting this
> behavior into one of the existing components.
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Re-update-of-websocket-td5742842.html
>
> For cxf, it makes sense to offer the websocket transport and somer
> people asked me already.
> I think, implementation-wise, it is straightforward.
> But we just have the same question of whether to have a separate
> transport or having it as a separate transport (e.g., ws) or an option
> in one of the existing ones (e.g, in http-hc for the client part and
> http or http-jetty or a new http-atmosphere for the server-side).
>
> I think both arguments have some points.
> Making a separate transport makes the code simpler to implement
> websocket functionality and also keeps its configuration simple.
> But the component is bound to one specific implementation and if
> someone wants a specific underlining implementation that is different
> from the one used, s/he will need an implementation specific component
> instead. But an implementation specific component that already
> provides its own transfer mode, adding a websocket mode makes it more
> complicated and so as its configuration.
>
> So, I would like to hear more opinions here.

May be http-websockets, with Jetty implementation by default and with
the possibility to plugin Atmpshere, etc ?

Thanks, Sergey

Re: Websockets and SSE

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergey, Dan,
Thanks for your feedback.
I will try out a few things and try to get more clear feeling
concretely for the CXF case and how things will look.
regards, aki

Re: Websockets and SSE

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: Websockets and SSE