Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sc...@btopenworld.com on 2002/09/18 14:05:35 UTC

[collections][lang] Re: LazyList helper class for Factory creation

Ah, welcome to the wonderful world of cross project politics. A version of this class already exists in [pattern] project. (Also a number of other factories, predicates, transformers and closures).

However, the code in [pattern] is based on a different Factory interface. So you can't just pick it up and use it.

The aim was to move Factory out of [collections] as its not really collections specific. Unfortunately, the useful implementations in [pattern] haven't found a long term home yet. Maybe your email can be a prompt to sort this out ;-) (My choice would be [lang])

Stephen

Posted by Phase Web and Multimedia <ma...@phase.ws>.
So, let me get this straight... This class exists. But not for Collections.
Rather, for another api in the sandbox (Pattern). But, Pattern needs to be
included with one of the other commons packages that already exists before
it will be possible to use it? Is patterns stable? Then let's get it in use!
:-) Someone pick a spot, put it there and let's go! :-))

Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
P (406) 862-2245
F (406) 862-0354