Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by pg <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/24 07:25:06 UTC

POJO to be returned with Content-Type: text/plain

Hi All,

I am trying to return a POJO object with Content-Type: text/plain. I am
getting below exception when calling my service:

No message body writer has been found for response class PojoClassName.

I was able to return this pojo in JSON format by setting Accept:
application/json in request header, since I have Provider configured for
JSON in my cxf-servlet.xml(org.codehaus.jackson.jaxrs.JacksonJsonProvider).

Is there a need of similar provider to be configured for text/plain content
type? Or is there any work around for it!!

Thanks, Puneet.

RE: POJO to be returned with Content-Type: text/plain

Posted by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com>.
Hi,

I think CXF cannot really know how to convert your custom object to text/plain message body.
Only following types will be automatically converted accordingly JAX-RS 2.0 spec:
byte[], String, InputStream, Reader, File, DataSource, StreamingOutput, java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.Character, java.lang.Number

To read/write custom object you need to define own MessageBodyReader and MessageBodyWriter; annotate them with @Produces("text/plain ") and @Consumes("text/plain"); implement isReadable(), isWritable() and readFrom(), writeTo() methods.
These MessageBodyReader, MessageBodyWriter should be registered as providers (explicitly or via annotation).

Regards,
Andrei.