Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Leslie - <so...@hotmail.com> on 2010/08/24 21:47:32 UTC

Monitoring Remote Servers

Hey all,

I want to get CPU and memory usage stats on my remote servers while I do distributed testing. What's the best way to go about this to minimize resource usage?

RE: Monitoring Remote Servers

Posted by Leslie - <so...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! JMeter community is awesome.

Leslie

Posted by Frank Cohen <fr...@pushtotest.com>.
Hi Leslie:

PushToTest TestMaker is an open source test tool. It runs JMeter tests
in a distributed network of TestNodes. PTTMonitor is an agent based
monitor. It observes CPU, network, and memory resources on the
TestNodes and  application or database servers. TestMaker then
correlates the results into root cause analysis charts. Details are at www.pushtotest.com/products

We are hosting an Open Source Test Workshop on Sept. 16 that will
highlight the solution. Details are at http://www.pushtotest.com/workshoptech

-Frank

On Aug 24, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Jatin wrote:

> if you have multiple servers to monitor then you could use the open
> source monitoring tool called Nagios. It is very good , you can get
> the statistics of all the servers in one single UI.
>
> Thanks
> Jatin
>
> On Wednesday 25 August 2010 01:17 AM, Leslie - wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I want to get CPU and memory usage stats on my remote servers while
>> I do distributed testing. What's the best way to go about this to
>> minimize resource usage?

Frank Cohen, http://www.PushToTest.com, phone 408 871 0122
PushToTest, the open-source test automation company
Twitter: fcohen, LinkedIn: Frank Cohen

Re: Monitoring Remote Servers

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
Hi,

Nagios is quite powerful and thus rather complex.

For taking and visualizing only performance data, ganglia is supposed to
be easier and better suited. Cacti is another alternative.

Cheers,
Felix

Posted by Jatin <da...@gmail.com>.