Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by me...@lug.com on 2003/12/08 10:43:57 UTC

Installing Manager tool

Hi,

I installed Tomcat 4.1 to test the Manager interface. I followed the manual
step (add a user in the tomcat-users.xml file, add context ...). I use the
default port and when I enter http://localhost:8080/manager, I get a 404
error (reported by tomcat).
I saw in the list archive the same trouble, but no solution was found :-(

May I be more lucky ?

Thanks a lot !

RE: Installing Manager tool

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
Did you set the "privileged="true" " attribute in the context
definition?

I installed Tomcat 4.1 to test the Manager interface. I followed the
manual
step (add a user in the tomcat-users.xml file, add context ...). I use
the
default port and when I enter http://localhost:8080/manager, I get a 404
error (reported by tomcat).
I saw in the list archive the same trouble, but no solution was found
:-(

May I be more lucky ?

Thanks a lot !