Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Alessandro Matti <am...@intesigroup.com> on 2002/09/11 14:21:52 UTC

SOAP requst

Hi,

I'm writing an RPC soap server, using Apache SOAP 2.3.1.
I need to retrive configuration parameters, during the class costructor (or
during the method calls).
The configuration parameter depends from the client who make the request. I
have a signle class tha implements the SOAP functionality, for many clients
(I don't know the numebr of clients), but the configuration parameters are
different for each one.
I would like to implements a mechanism to retrieve configuration parameter
the same as for the servlet (for a servlet you can associate some context
parameters to a servlet mapping).
In my idea could be fine if I can retrieve the SOAP context, or could be ok
to retrieve the deployment descriptor.
I prefer to retrieve the configuration parameter from the server
configuration, instead of from the function parameters.

Thank You very much

best regards
Alessandro Matti

Re: SOAP requst

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
If you can use the nightly build instead of 2.3.1, your service can
implement the new ConfigurableService interface.  Doing so, your service
gets access to parameters from the webapp, servlet and SOAP service
deployment descriptor.  The new configure sample shows an example of
implementing this interface.

Scott Nichol

Re: SOAP requst