Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by jthinaka <jt...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/01 04:43:31 UTC

Geronimo 2.0 MDB is not Triggering

This is a repeat post of an earlier post that didn't get any attention :-/

I'll try a shorter version.

The core of my problem is that I know that a message is being enqueued on
the queue, and yet the MDB doesn't get triggered. I have turned on verbose
logging in Geronimo, and ensured that my code is pushing messages on to the
queue, but the MDB onMessage() method is not called. Here's what the MDB
looks like:

@MessageDriven(mappedName = "CallFinishMDB",
				activationConfig = {
									@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "acknowledgeMode",
propertyValue = "Auto-acknowledge"),
									@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType",
propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),
									@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination",
propertyValue="CallFinishQueue")
									}
			  )
public class CallFinishMDB implements MessageListener {
	/**
	 * Logger for this class
	 */
	private static final Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(CallFinishMDB.class);

	public void onMessage(Message arg0) {
		try
		{
			System.err.println("YIPEEEEE I was called");
			processMessage(arg0);
		}
		catch(Exception e)
		{
			logger.error(e);
		}

The message "YIPEEEEE I was called" is never seen in the Geronimo.log file.
CallFinishQueue has over 90 messages in it.

Any/all help will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Geronimo 2.0 MDB is not Triggering

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 11/1/07, jthinaka <jt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The core of my problem is that I know that a message is being enqueued on
> the queue, and yet the MDB doesn't get triggered.

Hi,

How do you know that? What steps do you perform to check it out. I
could deploy mdb on the latest Geronimo version built from the trunk
without any troubles, but even if it worked I didn't know how to find
out the queue content.

> @MessageDriven(mappedName = "CallFinishMDB",

I'm not sure if mappedName means anything to Geronimo. Remove it and
give it a try again. If it changes nothing, it's expected. If not you
will have found an exception.

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "acknowledgeMode",
> propertyValue = "Auto-acknowledge"),

Unless I'm mistaken It's a default setting - no need to specify it explicitly.

What's your openejb-jar.xml file? What's Geronimo version? How do you
deploy/create the managed objects - jms queue factory and the queue
itself? How do you send messages to the queue? I think I could help
you nail it down, but not much information to go on.

If you speak Polish call yourself lucky as you may find the following
docs quite useful ;-)

* Uruchomienie ziarna MDB w Apache Geronimo
(http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl/wiki/Uruchomienie_ziarna_MDB_w_Apache_Geronimo)
* Aplikacja Java EE 5 z MDB z JPA w trybie JTA i PostgreSQL w Apache
Geronimo 2 (http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl/wiki/Aplikacja_Java_EE_5_z_MDB_z_JPA_w_trybie_JTA_i_PostgreSQL_w_Apache_Geronimo_2)

I'm working on translating them, but I don't think you want to wait
that long ;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski