Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stephan Schiessling <s...@rapi.com> on 2002/08/12 17:29:00 UTC

IMAP bug

I just tried new imap code:

1. I created 1 user.
The INBOX was in a subdirectory of the current directory and it does not understand file protocol like it is common in James.
(I just like to mention it. This can be fixed sometimes in the future).

2. I sent a testmessage.
The INBOX/ directory for the user contains:
-1631144350.att  -1631144350.flags  -1631144350.msg  mailbox.mbr

3. Then tried to get the messages by mozilla. James gave me the following messages:

PARSING COMMAND FROM CILENT: 9 UID fetch 1:* (FLAGS)
UidCommand.process: #args=5
UidCommand.process: arg='9'
UidCommand.process: arg='UID'
UidCommand.process: arg='fetch'
UidCommand.process: arg='1:*'
UidCommand.process: arg='(FLAGS)'
UidCommand.uidCommand=fetch
UidCommand.session=org.apache.james.imapserver.SingleThreadedConnectionHandler
UidCommand.cmd=org.apache.james.imapserver.CommandFetch@238a47
UidCommand.cmd=org.apache.james.imapserver.CommandFetch
currentMailbox=org.apache.james.imapserver.FileMailbox
  decodeUIDSet called for: 1:*
uids present : -1631144350
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a positive integer
	at org.apache.james.imapserver.BaseCommand.decodeUIDSet(BaseCommand.java:170)
	at org.apache.james.imapserver.CommandFetch.service(CommandFetch.java:110)
	at org.apache.james.imapserver.CommandFetch.process(CommandFetch.java:74)
	at org.apache.james.imapserver.commands.UidCommand.process(UidCommand.java:57)
	at org.apache.james.imapserver.SingleThreadedConnectionHandler.parseCommand(SingleThreadedConnectionHandler.java:343)
	at org.apache.james.imapserver.SingleThreadedConnectionHandler.handleConnection(SingleThreadedConnectionHandler.java:198)
	at org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.connection.ConnectionRunner.run(Connection.java:169)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:47)
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:80)

Bye,

Stephan Schiessling

RE: IMAP bug

Posted by Sascha Kulawik <sa...@kulawik.de>.
Hello Stephan,

It would be great, if you can send me the Protocoll of the "SAVE"
Command, as you ha received the Mail and your Logfile too.

Thanks,

Sascha