Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by santosh sougrakpam <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/17 12:35:00 UTC

DailyRollingFileAppender writing to previous date file

At 02:55 AM 4/16/2003 -0700, santosh sougrakpam wrote:
I am using log4j in a multithreaded envrionment in a
web application. All the log messages are sent to a
buffered queue and a thread clears the buffer and
write to a file app.log. The files rollover every day.
However, I am seeing a strange behaviour
intermittently in the log files.

For example, the file app.log.2003-03-10 is truncated
and i see log messages of 2003-03-11 in this file,
while app.log looks fine at that point of time till it
is rollover next day.

It seems my threads are still writing to both app.log
and app.log.2003-03-10 at the same time. It looks like
that after a thread rollover the files, the subsequent
threads fails to recognise this and it stills
overwrites in the rollovered file.