Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Andreas Oberhack <de...@softwarefabrik.biz> on 2003/11/09 23:24:06 UTC

JAAS in merlin?

Is - or was - there any activity to integrate security functionality like
JAAS into the merlin container?

Thanks

Andreas

Re: JAAS in merlin?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 10 November 2003 14:59, andreas oberhack wrote:
> > I do think that JAAS based principal establishment is something that
> > should be handled by the container as this will be needed as we move
> > forward on distributed service management.
>
> Right, that's why I was asking. My idea is, to give the developers
> access to the security mechanisms through the context.
>
> What do you think?

Sounds good. I can imagine it requires some serious thinking to get it
right...

Niclas

RE: JAAS in merlin?

Posted by andreas oberhack <de...@softwarefabrik.biz>.

Re: JAAS in merlin?

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Andreas Oberhack wrote:

>Is - or was - there any activity to integrate security functionality like
>JAAS into the merlin container?

Not that I am aware of.

I did some development on JAAS related principal establishment a couple
of years ago and basically setup a framework for the establishment of
the principal as a value resolvable via the constext object. The actual
implementation was rather specific in that it was tied to a keystore
based authentication mechanisms.

I do think that JAAS based principal establishment is something that
should be handled by the container as this will be needed as we move
forward on distributed service management.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org