Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bachan s <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/08 20:19:25 UTC

Sub Actions in an Action class

Hi Craig and others,
We plan to use coarse grained action classes in our application.Basically what we plan to is to do is combine add,update,delete operation to one Action class.
We have two options .
1.Have 1Action class - 1 JSP - 1 Form Bean approach. This Action class will handle all operations/button of the particular page. Basically all button clicks.

2. Combine Add,update , delete etc of related data to a single action class.

Which one of the two is the best approach.

I have another question .

3.For aboove Options 1 and 2 we would need to handle sub actions in the Action class .We understand that DispatchAction can be used to handle this by using reflection.Is there a better approach to do this .
Please give your valuable suggestions .
Thanks and Regards,
Bachan