Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Michael Patel <l6...@163.com> on 2019/04/24 18:43:28 UTC

How to guarantee the fraction of CPU of one container in Hadoop 2.X

Hi all,

Using Hadoop 2.X (Hadoop 2.7.2).

Can anyone give me some idea as to how YARN guarantee the fraction of CPU of one container in Hadoop 2.X. For example, we only have one core, we give one container 0.3 core and we give another container 0.7 core. How this fraction is guaranteed in hadoop by the implementation of hadoop? That means the first container get exactly 0.3 CPU time and the second container get exactly 0.7 CPU time.

Best,
Michael Patel