Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "W.P. McNeill" <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/06 19:46:28 UTC

Is StringUtils.getTrimmedStringCollection gone?

I've got a Hadoop job that uses StringUtils.getTrimmedStringCollection. It
works when run on version 0.20.2, but now when I run it on a 0.20.203
cluster I get a No Such Method Exception for this call. When I go looking
through the 0.20.203 source I can't find it, so I assume it's been removed
but I don't see any documentation to this effect.

Has this call been removed? If so, is there something to take its place, or
should I just call String.trim() in a loop myself?

Re: Is StringUtils.getTrimmedStringCollection gone?

Posted by "W.P. McNeill" <bi...@gmail.com>.
Looking at my setup again, I was running 0.20.2 with some patches, so one of
those patches probably picked up this method.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Great, that's good to know!

--
Harsh J

Re: Is StringUtils.getTrimmedStringCollection gone?

Posted by "W.P. McNeill" <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.