Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org> on 2020/05/31 00:45:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.1.0 (-rc.4)

Dear community,

I would like to propose we release Apache Annotator (incubating) 0.1.0.

This is the fourth release candidate. Careful readers will note that the
third release candidate was never voted upon. Gerben found an issue with
Node.js 14 before voting began. Changes since the second release candidate:

- Remove the fragment identifier package over issues arising from
ambiguities in the specification

- Remove references to the fragment identifier specification and parse
grammar from NOTICE and LICENSE files

- Fix missing license headers

- Small updates to the demonstration code

- Fix errors on Node.js 14

- Improve release procedure

We encourage everyone to help us verify that the release is proper and help
identify and fix any issues before the release is finalized.

The release artifacts are here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/annotator/source/0.1.0/rc.4

There you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.

A KEYS file for checking the signature can be found here:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/annotator/KEYS

Please refer to the release testing procedures for instructions on testing
the release:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/wiki/Testing-a-Source-Release

If the vote passes, these artifacts will be proposed to the Apache
Incubator for release as Apache Annotator (incubating) 0.1.0.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.1.0 (-rc.4)

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
> On 31 May 2020, at 01:45, Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to propose we release Apache Annotator (incubating) 0.1.0.

+1 with reservations (things to consider before next-release):

> This is the fourth release candidate. Careful readers will note that the
> third release candidate was never voted upon. Gerben found an issue with
> Node.js 14 before voting began. Changes since the second release candidate:

Talking of Node.js, the README might say something about prerequisites.
yarnpkg.com might be a good site to reference?

> - Remove references to the fragment identifier specification and parse
> grammar from NOTICE and LICENSE files

Those are looking very minimalist now.  I think that's fine.

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/annotator/source/0.1.0/rc.4
>
> There you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.

The signature lacks signatures.  I know that's not something you can
simply fix, but please bear it in mind!

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/wiki/Testing-a-Source-Release

I still need to read that, but I don't want to delay you any longer!
I see no showstoppers, and ran your checks OK (macos/homebrew).

--
Nick Kew

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.1.0 (-rc.4)

Posted by TB Dinesh <di...@servelots.com>.
+1

:)

Posted by Suzan Uskudarli <su...@gmail.com>.