Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net> on 2007/09/12 13:49:49 UTC

ServiceMix ActiveMQ Consumer has been broken in recent builds

Hi-

I originally posted this to the Dev list, but got no response.  I
would like to try to help fix this if someone could point me in the
right direction.

I have a very simple ServiceMix JMS Service Unit which reads messages
off a queue.  Here is the xbean:

<jms:endpoint
	service = "b:JMSReceiver"
         endpoint = "receive"
	targetService="b:JMSSender"
	targetEndpoint="send2"
         role = "consumer"
         destinationStyle = "queue"
         jmsProviderDestinationName = "sender.1.out"
	defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
         connectionFactory = "#ConnectionFactory"/>

     <bean id="ConnectionFactory"
         <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
     </bean>

It works fine with ActiveMQ-5.0-SNAPSHOT, rev. 554694.

It does not, however, work with ActiveMQ-5.0-SNAPSHOT, rev. 569270 or
573615.

I am running this in ServiceMix 3.2-SNAPSHOT on Mac OS X with an
*external* ActiveMQ running on 61616.  ServiceMix's embedded AMQ is
on 60606 and it, of course works fine too there.

Can anyone give me any clues where to start looking to find out how/
where/why this has been broken?

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"2 + 2 = 5, for sufficiently large values of 2."
     -- Ron Jeffries

Re: ServiceMix ActiveMQ Consumer has been broken in recent builds

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
On Sep 12, 2007, at 10:53 AM, Daryl Richter wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> On Sep 12, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>
>> What do you mean "it does not work anymore" ?Message are not
>> consumed ?
>
> Yes, messages are not consumed.  They are with the older AMQ.
>
>> have
>> you checked
>> both the activemq and servicemix log for any exception
>> that may occur ?
>
> Nothing at INFO level.  Let me start them with DEBUG level logging
> and get back to you.

Well, I started both ActiveMQ and ServiceMix with DEBUG logging on,
but I didn't see anything particularly suspicious.

I am getting "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandle" and
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceHandler" exceptions in
ServiceMix, but I get those against both the old and new ActiveMQ.

The symptom to me looks like ServiceMix isn't able to create the
queue in the newer builds of ActiveMQ.

I tried the new <jms:consumer> endpoint, but got exactly the same
behavior.

Are you able to consume off a jms queue hosted in a recent build of
ActiveMQ with servicemix-jms?

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something."
     -- Thomas A. Edison

Re: ServiceMix ActiveMQ Consumer has been broken in recent builds

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
Thanks for your reply.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
What do you mean "it does not work anymore" ?Message are not consumed ? have

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet