Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Dewful <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/04 19:23:18 UTC

UMLS Env variables suggestion

In the documentation, in the .sh files to run ctakes;

# If you plan to use the UMLS Resources, set/export env variables
# export ctakes.umlsuser=[username], ctakes.umlspw=[password]

however, simply trying to

export ctakes.umlsuser=myusername, ctakes.umlspw=mypassword

doesnt work because bash3 doesnt allow dots in the keyname and will throw
an error

bin/runctakesCVD.sh: line 42: export: `ctakes.umlsuser=username,': not a
valid identifier

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15016403/how-to-export-dot-separated-environment-variablesexplains
some solutions

it may be helpful to show how the user can set these easily if they want to
set the env variables this way, possibly using one of the suggestions in SO.

RE: UMLS Env variables suggestion

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Sounds good.  And I suggest the removal wait until 4.0 or later so we don't break anyone currently using dots during a minor release.

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
+1

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Sounds like a good idea;