Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/08/27 18:11:20 UTC

Re: where'd SendmailID.pm go?

it was a sandbox plugin that didn't work, hence, now gone.

--j.

Re: where'd SendmailID.pm go?

Posted by snowcrash+sa <sc...@gmail.com>.
> > also, when did plugins move (back?) to rulesrc/sandbox/... as opposed
> > to rules/...?
>
> I suspect you had the output of a "mkrules" compilation step in
> your "rules" dir; they were always there, in the sandbox, but
> mkrules copies them into "rules".

bingo.

i always build SA from src w/,

	cd ${SA_SRC}
	perl Makefile.PL ...
	cd spamc
	perl version.h.pl
	./configure --enable-ssl ...
	make

and note afterwards,

	cd ${SA_SRC}
	ls -1 rules/*.pm
		rules/SIQ.pm
		rules/sandbox-felicity.pm
		rules/sandbox-hstern.pm

i did *not* realize that mkrules is the 'culprit', but i *do* see it
in Makefile.PL.

(need to look more closely at what's going on so as not to fubar my setup ... )

thanks!

Re: where'd SendmailID.pm go?

Posted by snowcrash+sa <sc...@gmail.com>.
> since rulesrc is independent of the SA distribution.

Good to know.

Perhaps I *should* know.  Can't find that stated/clarified anywhere in
the src tree.  I've looked repeatedly.  If it's supposed to be
obvious, i'm clueless.

My -- incorrect -- presumption has been, since its DISTRIBUTED *with*
SA, it's  change-managed along with it.

Could that be stated clearly somewhere?  Perhaps a README.RULES in the
src tree top?

Re: where'd SendmailID.pm go?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 09:22:41AM -0700, snowcrash+sa wrote:
> where are such removals documented?  my point being simply: it *was*
> in the src tree, suddenly it isn't.  even if well-justified, shouln't
> that action be *mentioned* in Changelog?

It'll be in the svn log info for the rulesrc (aka repo/spamassassin/rules)
directory.  You wouldn't see those changes in the Changes file, for instance,
since rulesrc is independent of the SA distribution.

> also, when did plugins move (back?) to rulesrc/sandbox/... as opposed
> to rules/...?

plugins have never been in the rules dir.  they're either in a sandbox or in
the lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugins dir.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
   Bender: Oh, Lord, I'm on the verge of a nervous melt-down.

Re: where'd SendmailID.pm go?