Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/08/25 10:29:33 UTC

Why using flattened structure [was Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Scm 1.1 (take 3)]

I change the subject because I don't see any link with the vote on the
scm release.

And why you don't want to use this structure ?.

--
Olivier

Re: AW: Why using flattened structure [was Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Scm 1.1 (take 3)]

Posted by ChrisGWarp <Ch...@aami.com.au>.

struberg wrote:

>> And why you don't want to use this structure ?.
>
> I guess the main argument is that eclipse cannot nest projects, so there's
> no way to edit your parent pom (+ parent site, etc) with eclipse (instead
> you have to vi + svn commit on the command line).
>
> BUT: My gut feeling tells me that this is no maven-scm problem but a
> problem within the maven-release-plugin. Can anyone shed a light on this?
>
> So I agree with Chris that we should address this issue, but also with
> Olivier that this should not hinder us from releasing maven-scm.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub

Yes it is an eclipse related issue.

Yes this is occuring during a release:prepare, however, surely it must be
the SCM that is doing the commit? It is just being called internally by the
release plugin. Hence, an SCM issue.

-Chris

AW: Why using flattened structure [was Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Scm 1.1 (take 3)]

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

http://mail.yahoo.com