Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2007/08/05 13:36:45 UTC

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project httpcomponents-core (in module httpcomponents) failed

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 10:12 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 16:38 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> > The Gump build is still not running satisfactory. Although
> > Maven 2 is now understood by Gump, it seems to be a feature
> > still under development. We get access to the test reports
> > for core/main, but not for the other two modules. I'll have
> > to contact the Gump guys on this, and some other kinks.
> > Still, I think it's better than no nightly build at all.
> >
> > Oleg, can you work with the output we got?
> >

> Hi Roland,
>
> No, that does not give me much, but I'll look into ways of making NIO
> integration tests somewhat less finicky. Currently they are very much
> timing dependent. So, if the box running the test is under high load,
> the tests can fail simply because some timeout kicks in.
>
> Oleg

I tweaked the test cases a little and increased the wait time for
connections to signal completion of the test from 1s to 10s. 1s sounds
be more than enough when running tests on a personal computer but it may
be a little low for a busy server running multiple integrations test
suites. Let us see if that eliminates random test failures.

Oleg