Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bodo Teichmann <bo...@tanzerei.com> on 2001/12/10 07:42:05 UTC

conditional characters?

 Hi,
   is there any way to make a specific character conditional, if some
  condition
   such as a formater generated line break occurs,
   or something like the *opposite* of  "suppress-at-line-break" ?
   So what im trying to  do is to specify possibe hyphenation points for
 words
   directly in the xsl:fo file. (and not in the UserAgent)

   Any ideas?
   Bodo

Re: conditional characters?

Posted by Matt Savino <ma...@synergizethis.com>.
I've been meddling on this board for several months now and this has to
be the 5-6th time that some variation of this problem has come up. (In
my case I need to put the word 'Continued' in every instance of a table
header that occurs after the first page break.) It still amazes me that
with all the things they DID think of in the FO spec, this case is not
addressed. Maybe they wanted to leave this as a nice juicy extension out
there for the implementation guys.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to start on my 'Continued' extension within
the next few weeks, promise. If I can pull it off, I'll be sure to post
it to the board. I also need to work on functionality for a sub-section
within the main document that has it's own page numbering scheme.

I haven't had time to look into the FO extenisions offered by any of
FOP's closed-source competitors, but I'd be interested to see if any of
them cover these issues.

-Matt