Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by darniz <rn...@edmunds.com> on 2009/08/20 21:15:51 UTC

Common Solr Question

Hi
i have some basic yet important question about solr and that too with
terminology.
I want to be crystal clear about it.
Please answer the following questions.

Question 1
1) "Incoming queries are processed by the appropriate SolrRequestHandler.
For the purposes of this discussion, you will use the
StandardRequestHandler"
So i assume all request which we make like
--For select
http://dl1rap711-epe.media.edmunds.com:8983/solr/select/?q=make%3AHonda&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

the question is where is it defined in solrconfig.xml. if i have to change
the default size for my result set from 10 to for example say 50 where
should i change it.
i tried to do this
<requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.SearchHandler" default="true">
 <!--  default values for query parameters  -->
  <lst name="defaults">
  <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
  <int name="rows">55</int>
-<!--
       <str name="fl">*</str>
       <str name="version">2.1</str>
-->
  </lst>
  </requestHandler>
But did not work.

Question 2
2)
When we issue  an update command something like this

The following request handler will be used which is mentioned in the
solrconfig.xml file
<requestHandler name="/update" class="solr.XmlUpdateRequestHandler"/>
Is this correct.

Question 3
3) To upload CSV data we need to use /update/csv handler.
I would appreciate how to specify this in the url if i have to upload a csv
file.

Question 4
3)If this is the case, every url request is mapped to a request handler.
For load csv file use /update/csv which is implemented by
solr.CSVRequestHandler
For analysis file use /analysis which is implement by
solr.AnalysisRequestHandler

For now this is it.
More to follow

Thanks

Re: Common Solr Question

Posted by Uri Boness <ub...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

1. that change you made should work. Just remember that request
parameters (query string parameters) override the configured defaults.
2. That is correct
3. not quite sure what you mean by that.
4. I guess you're asking in your statement is correct... it is.

I think you should have a look at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRequestHandler and
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateCSV

Cheers,