Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2015/07/06 06:09:52 UTC

[Draft] July Board Report

Here is the board report I've currently filed. Let me know if any changes
should be made:

Report from the Apache Attic Project  [Henri Yandell]

 - The Attic is where projects slumber when their communities fade away.

## Activity:

Activity has been low. While little new has been added this quarter (Lenya
retirement), there are still items on the task list from Q1 or earlier.

 - Lenya is now in the process of being moved into the Attic.
 - Whirr is still in the process of being moved into the Attic.
 - Five retired Jakarta websites need regenerating.
 - Retirement of 3 Web Services projects needs closing out.

 ## Issues:
 - Lack of activity is the primary issue. A request was made to members@
for assistance with Lenya which resulted positively, but hasn't happened
for Lenya yet. Hervé has asked for access to fix up Attic project DOAP
files.
 - A secondary issue is whether the Attic needs to setup anything to avoid
similar situations to the loss of the Jakarta websites (both in terms of
noticing the loss and making replacement simple).

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 21 PMC members in the project.
 - Sebastian Bazley was added to the PMC on Sun Mar 22 2015

## Mailing list activity:

 - general@attic.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: