Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2019/02/13 16:08:43 UTC

Formal code reviews and PRs

Folks

Since HttpComponents migration to GitBox I have been committing all my
code changes to a feature branch and leaving them sit there for a day
or two prior to merging them to a development branch (master or stable
version branches).

If there is anyone interested in doing formal code reviews of my
changes please do let me know. I'll start raising PRs at GitHub for all
my feature branches.

Cheers

Oleg

Posted by Michael Osipov <19...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <19...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
That sounds nice.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2019-02-13 um 17:08 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
> Folks
>
> Since HttpComponents migration to GitBox I have been committing all my
> code changes to a feature branch and leaving them sit there for a day
> or two prior to merging them to a development branch (master or stable
> version branches).
>
> If there is anyone interested in doing formal code reviews of my
> changes please do let me know. I'll start raising PRs at GitHub for all
> my feature branches.

I think this is a good idea. We are doing this with Maven also to gain
more attraction and thus more reviewers. You should leave people at
least three days to review. A day is just too short.

Michael