Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru> on 2003/09/06 13:26:01 UTC

Arbitrary content in pom XSD (was: Distinguishing between runtime and compile time dependencies)

Hello, Dion!

dion> XSD doesn't seem to handle arbitrary content as far as I can tell, and
dion> hence we haven't got the properties in there....

How about somthing like this?

    <xsd:element name="properties" type="xsd:anyType"/>

I haven't looked at XSD closely yet, in fact I do not "speak"
XSD at all (currently), but my has also caught the following
type definition:

     <xsd:complexType name="text">
      <xsd:complexContent ...>
       <xsd:restriction base="xsd:anyType">
        <xsd:sequence>
         <xsd:any ... minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </xsd:sequence>
       </xsd:restriction>
      </xsd:complexContent>
     </xsd:complexType>

this all was from http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/ , XML Schema Part 0: Primer

So I guess that if anybody really digs into XSD spec, it should be
possible to define some "extension" points, where additional elements
may be inserted into POM.

WBR, Anton