Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Sabine K." <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/10 11:10:51 UTC

T5: Generate pdfs.

Hello,

i want to generate a pdf file from some textareas. To generate the pdfs i
want to use itext. Can u give me some hinds were i can get some information
for generating pdfs?

Best regards

Re: AW: AW: T5: Generate pdfs.

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Daniel.

Re: AW: AW: T5: Generate pdfs.

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Like this:

1) For action links, informal parameters
<t:actionlink target="_blank">Start guessing</t:actionlink>

2)
For forms with a submit, where the result page opens in a new window:

<t:form t:id="doReportsForm" action="reportsForm" target="_blank">
<t:submit t:id="onSubmit" name="Run Report" value="Run Report" />
</t:form>

Re: AW: AW: T5: Generate pdfs.

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sabine,

Re: AW: AW: T5: Generate pdfs.

Posted by "Sabine K." <la...@gmail.com>.
Thx Peter,

i found a way with this:

public class PdfWriterTestPage
{
	public StreamResponse onSubmit()
	{
		// Create PDF
		InputStream is=generatePDF("Hello very nice world");

		// Return response
		return new PdfStreamResponse(is);
	}

	public InputStream generatePDF(String teststring)
	{
		// step 1: creation of a document-object
		Document document = new Document();

		ByteArrayOutputStream baos=new ByteArrayOutputStream();
		try
		{
			// step 2:
			// we create a writer that listens to the document
			// and directs a PDF-stream to a file
			PdfWriter.getInstance(document, baos);
			// step 3: we open the document
			document.open();
			// step 4: we add a paragraph to the document
			document.add(new Paragraph(teststring));
		}
		catch (DocumentException de)
		{
			System.err.println(de.getMessage());
		}
		// step 5: we close the document
		document.close();
		ByteArrayInputStream bais=new ByteArrayInputStream(baos.toByteArray());
		return bais;
	}

	class PdfStreamResponse implements StreamResponse
	{
		private InputStream is;
		public PdfStreamResponse(InputStream is)
		{
			this.is=is;
		}
		public String getContentType()
		{
			return "application/pdf";
		}
		public InputStream getStream() throws IOException
		{
			return is;
		}
	}