Posted to user@struts.apache.org by zanks432 <za...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/23 12:58:36 UTC

display and update data with struts

Hey guys.

Now I debug an old jsp application that uses struts 1.
I continuosly fall in stack overflow error, also I cannot execute action
class.

I have serched with google, but answer wasn't very clear for me

The problem is the following:

I have

  list.do

that uses

  ListAction.java

that prepares data for displaying,
displaying

  list.jsp

that contains a form pointing to an update page.

Form action is

  update.do

using

  UpdateAction.java

that updates data and displayes

  update.jsp

Last jsp page only redirects (example via javascript) to list.do.รน

1)How is possible to implement it using struts 1 (and avoiding stack
overflow errors?)

2)How do "forward" attribute work in struts-config.xml configuration file?

Thanks in advance.

Excuse my bad English

Bye

Zanks