Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa> on 2013/12/14 11:05:36 UTC

NO DataNode Daemon on a single node Hadoop 2.2 installation

Hi,

After I run start-dfs.sh, I dont get a datanode daemon. And in the log file
it generates this exception:

"java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: java.io.EOFException; Host
Details : local host is: "DELL1/127.0.1.1"; destination host is:
"localhost":9000; "

This is my /etc/hosts file:

"127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       DELL1"

And I tried putting DELL1 real ip instead of 127.0.1.1, but no use. Please
advise!

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--

------------------------------
this email.

Re: NO DataNode Daemon on a single node Hadoop 2.2 installation

Posted by Chris Mawata <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback. If you need to re-format you should delete both
the NameNode data and the DataNode data dir as the Datanode stores
version information and will not connect to a  NameNode with a different
version.
Cheers
Chris

Posted by Chris Mawata <ch...@gmail.com>.